I have learned
1. Team Work
2. Goal Setting and Hard Work
4. Fitness and Health
10. How to handle failure
These are just some of these things that I have learned from my beginnings of shooting hoops in rural Minnesota even when it was below zero degrees.
What does this have to do with you?
Well if you are reading this you are an athlete!
Yes anyone that has a body is an athlete.
Weather a beginner or advanced you can learn from the athlete.
Here are three ways to bring out your inner athlete.
1. Training is about results and reaching a goal.
The rarely focus on getting to a certain weight the focus on performance.
They set a goal for sprint speed, vertical jump or any other goal based around their sport.
They do the needed thing to reach the goal including training, nutrition, sleep, and recovery.
The same should be true for anyone that is training.
Constantly set goals and work towards them.
2. Mentally they have to be strong.
When it comes to results with fitness many times the person holding us back is ourselves.
Playing sports taught me to keep getting better.
It meant being the best I could be no matter what.
This is true for anyone that is training at all.
Continual regular progression in intensity is a key to results.
It is not going to be easy however it is going to be worth it.
3. They realize that for them to do well the team has to do well.
Unfortunately not everyone has this same philosophy.
Some people believe to do better someone has to do worse or they have to beat somebody else.
The truth is that teams function best when each individual does the best for the team (for a mission).
They work for a greater good.
Yes those are the teams that do well.
In conclusion, when it comes to fitness training and life in general take the good from athletes.
Be the best you can be, train hard, train smart, and help others!
Comment below what have you have learned from athletes or from your on sports experience?
Share and Enjoy
Latest posts by Jeremy (see all)
- Standing Core Work Plus The Ring of Fire - January 1, 1970
- Fitness Revolution Brookfield Works Out Against Child Abuse - January 1, 1970
- Express Fitness Guaranteed Results - January 1, 1970
- My 5 Favorite Booty Exercises Ever - January 1, 1970
- Bring Out Your Inner Athlete! - January 1, 1970