When it comes to fitness most people think that killer workouts are all that matter.
This is not true especially if movement is inefficient and progression is not present.
This leads into an interview I did with Steve Long who is the owner of http://www.personaltraininginstlouis.com/
The audio is below but if you just want the main points here they are!
1. Use corrective exercise and focus on proper movement
2. Focus on recovery techniques to improve performance and reduce the risk of injury
3. Progression in exercise movements is the most important thing in any exercise program…. not just feeling tired. In fact feeling tired might be an indication of a poor workout.
4. Shoot for the “90/10” rule until you reach your goals.
5. High Intensity training is great but low intensity should be implemented as well.
Such as walking, band stretching, yoga, swimming, foam rolling and other recover things.