Over the years I believe I have learned many life lessons and here are some of them.
1. If being lean, fit and healthy was easy, everyone would be lean fit and healthy.
2. A person cannot be great at sprinting and long distance running at the same time.
3. Going on diets is a terrible idea.
4. The amount of exercise is dramatically less important when compared to progression.
5. Recovery from exercise is WAY more important than most people realize.
6. Strength and power are two keys to long term leanness and health.
7. There is always someone better and someone worse.
8. Having a good mile time is not the indicator of a great athlete.
9. Eating should be based on individual goals not a diet.
10. Some supplements are great but they do not replace nutrition.
11. Moderate, repetitive cardio exercise sucks.
12. Active listening can be challenging but it is very important.
13. Introverted people have just as many benefits as extroverted people.
14. Being a dad to a daughter is a bigger blessing than I could have ever imagined:)
15. The Law of Action is super important to progress.
16. Maintaining fitness (or anything for that matter) is not possible a person is either getting better or worse.
17. Faith is a key component to actions. I chose to have faith in something bigger than me ( in a god) and that god for me is the Triune God.
18. If someone does not believe they can accomplish something they wont.
19. If someone believes they can accomplish something the chances of success in that en-devour skyrocket.
20. Discipline is a key to any success.
21. Learning from peoples mistakes as well as their successes speeds up the learning curve.
22. Being humble does not mean a lack of confidence.
23. Almost everyone says they want to be healthy but many have not defined what that means to them.
24. Weight loss and fat loss are very different.
25. Prayer works for me.
26. Hero’s are made not born.
27. Money is neither good nor bad but a tool and more money only amplifies the true character of a person.
28. Getting hit by a line drive 100 plus MPH hurts.
29. Find your heroes but also be a hero
30. Success is doing your absolute best regardless of what happens to you
31. I think a person can learn a lot from life through sports.
32. Education never ends.
33. Time is limited and I believe we have one shot on earth so make the most of it.
34. Great relationships are one key to happy life.
35. The Golden Rule is a great way to live life.