Throughout the years I have seen some crazy things in the gym.
Some workout related and others not!
When it comes to observing workouts and people here are some of the biggest mistakes I have seen.
1. Pushing Too Hard or Not Pushing Hard Enough
Intensity is something that is widely misunderstood.
I have seen people loading up bars up to 250lbs for squat but could not do a proper body weight squat.
I have seen loads of crunches, improper push ups, and countless time on the treadmill.
I was told you can never do enough cardio.
Same exercises with the same intensity every workouts.
When it comes to intensity slow and steady wins the raise, however a person still needs to be challenged appropriately to see results.
Here is an example of what not to do in my opintion
Here is an example of something that might not get results either!:)
2. Focusing on losing weight versus metabolism
Losing weight is easy it can be achieved through starvation, eating restriction, excessive aerobic exercise, fad dieting, HCG shots, surgeries and so on.
Many people want to lose weight and that is great however what they really are saying (most of the time) is they want to be more lean.
I know several people that are thin but not fit and absolutely not healthy. So What?
Well any fitness program should be focused on improvement and progression.
Basically workouts should be centered around individual goals and then measured for constant improvements in a safe manner.
3. Thinking that it is the workouts alone that changes appearance
Most people realize that an increase in lean muscle tissue will improve metabolism.
But then do not do the needed things to increase lean muscle tissue especially in regards to lifestyle things.
Here are a few ways to help the workouts be better and increase metabolism.
- Stress reduction and management
- Supportive nutrition and supplementation
- Other recovery techniques that make training sessions more effective
So what can be done immediately
1. Figure out your goals and a plan
2. Find some accountability for your goals including a program that is focused on metabolism
3. Stay away from quick fixes
4. Focus on lean muscle tissue
5. Improve performance slow and steadily
Questions or comments are encouraged below!!